Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Christmas is coming

Hello back, 

today I want to show you two ways how to use the Stripes Basket Weave Background die. 

For the first card I simply used the die as I would normally use a panel. I just ink blended the background and as it is a die, the background received a nice but subtle texture. After coloring the background I sprinkled some water over it and it gave even more texture. In December I always need lots of Christmas cards. I love this ilex, I cut it with my electronic cutting machine and colored in with my distress inks and for the texture I used my Copic markers. The german sentiment simply means "merry Christmas" and was die cut from gold glitter paper. In my opinion each Christmas card needs glitter. 



The second card was inspired by the name "basket". I thought I would use the stripe dies to create a basket kind of background. This time I wanted to use different shades of blue, chipped sapphire and tumbled glass. So I just braided the stripes one on top of another. By having this beautiful background I thought I don´t need much to finish this card. So I simply used this bold sentiment and some ilex, for sure in blue, to finish my card for today. The ilex were coated with some wink of stella clear glitter brush pen





I hope you enjoyed my cards and ideas for today and until the next time I hope you have a wonderful week. 

Please don't forget to visit us at or other social media networks and I hope you enjoyed my card.




MerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerkenMerken
MerkenMerken

3 comments:

Thanks for your visit to our blog...do visit us again.