Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2017

Envelope Die Review and inspiration by RAJNI CHAWLA

Hi Friends,
This is Mansi (owner and operator of DCAM STORE) after a long long time on our blog today. Rajni Chawla the name itself needs no introduction... All of us are well aware of her outstanding trendsetting work.. Today we are privileged to have her on blog reviewing our own Envelope die and trust me guys another trend is about to set on this blog itself bu none other than Rajni Aunty (As I fondly call her) . Over to her ...



Good morning crafty friends!!
Firstly wish you all Happy 2017!! May you all have a fantastic crafty year ahead!!
Secondly, I am feeling honored to be on DCAM BLOG to inspire you all. I am absolutely grateful to Mansi for approaching me and sending me her newly launched dies. I really loved the new Envelope die. The tradition of gifting money in envelopes to give the shagun remains prominent in mostly all occasions in India. Half of my life I have worked as a trousseau packaging designer and I very well know the move of envelopes in the Indian market. Though, from the past six years I have been into paper crafting fully and have stopped taking bulk orders for the same sometimes due to my tight schedule and sometimes due to health issues.  But designing them for teaching purposes has always been at the top of my list. I really always wished to have a die in hand so that I can cut the envelope in a single go and that too from any paper that I already have in my stash.
The Newly launched DCAM Envelope Die is just PERFECT for customizing all your needs. The high-quality steel die cuts perfectly well and give sharp and neat edges in a single go with beautiful stitched edges. The die cut has already the scored lines, you just have to score a little more for perfect creasing. It's a big die measuring approx 9.5"X8.5" so it is compatible only with larger die cutting machine like Big Shot plus, Gemini, Cut n Boss, Bigshot Pro etc. You get 2 pieces in a set ( coverup Tag+ envelope die). This die is so versatile that not only envelopes but you can also create many other scrapbooking projects with the same. Today, I will be only focusing on a variety of envelopes.  I have used this die in different ways to create many different envelopes using various paper craft techniques and supplies available in craft market now a days.
Here, I go with my latest creations...
Mind it.....it's a picture heavy and a long post. Sorry,  I could not resist myself using DCAM dies again and again!!
My first set of envelopes might give you a pleasant shock.
Yes....something not my style of work, actually!!
This is really something totally out of my comfort zone. I so wanted myself to give a little new style to my way of crafting. Mix media, 3D paper flowers, birds, and bright colors have always fascinated me and I have always worked the same way. Painting cute little figures and using them to create clean and simple cards or envelopes was always on my wish list. This is my first try to these. Hope you like them the way I loved creating them.
I have mixed and matched DCAM, Double Stitched Circle Die, Double Stitched Rectangle, and Double Stitched Square Die set to create windows for these envelopes. The striped pattern paper used is from Paperecious. The stamps used are from MFT. All the windows are see through and have acetate sheet. Sorry for the glare that you see in the pictures. All the images are painted using Zig Clean Clear Markers. You can find a huge variety of Zig Brush Markers on the DCAM site










For the second set of envelopes, I have used the tag die for creating a belly band around all the envelopes. The belly band has a joint of acetate paper on the front edges. I have used Altenew layered stamps to decorate my envelopes. A huge range of Altenew stamps is available in the DCAM store.  The backgrounds are all created using distress inks and various stamps.




If you are not at all a stamping person you can simply decorate the belly bands. Here is the picture how my envelopes look from the back side without stamping. The simple yet so elegant and matching edge makes it look more fantastic.  Options are endless.


Few more clicks from different angles of the same set....




I am a kind of a person who can't resist stamping. I have a good collection of ready backgrounds and embellishments. For next 2 sets of envelopes, I will be using the backgrounds few of which I created while teaching in my workshops.
This set of envelopes showcase the usage of stamped tags to decorate the envelopes. I have used stamps from Mudra, Hero arts and Impression and Obsession. The base envelope is also fully stamped and colored. The stitched lines of the die, adds an extra beauty to the backgrounds.










And the last and final set in which I have nested the tag die to cut a huge window in the center of the envelopes. Also, I have used an extra tag to create another style of belly band around the envelopes. I kept one envelope simple with beautifully colored stamped images with Zig Clean Clear Brush Markers and the rest two shows a background created using distress inks and stamping.
Hehehehe...Could not resist
Could not resist myself from using my old 3D style of stamped and layered flowers.





That’s all from me today!!


All the supplies used from DCAM store are directly linked to their website for your reference. I hope, I was able to inspire you a little to pull out your supplies. Do visit my blog Timeless Creations for more inspiration and leave some love.

                                                                          SUPPLIES USED

All supplies from DCAM STORE
Altenew Stamps and dies

zig clean-color real brush marker-60pkg



 Double Stitched Square


Double Stitched Circle Die

Envelope Die
Double Stitched Rectangle
















28 comments:

  1. This is amazingly awesome, I absolutely love your coloring skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Stunning inspirations Rajni ji! So many varieties and so eye catching designs, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.....let me be honest.I was waiting for this post. Rajni Mam wonderful is a understatement word for your creation. Thank you for being here and share your creativity with all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome !!! LOved Loved Loved each and every one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mansi. The DCAM envelope die is something that I was really waiting for long. Hoping to see many more new products from DCAM.

      Delete
  5. What an aesthetic approach...You truly have a thing for showcasing any products...Uber Gorgeous each project is...As always spellbound and awestruck at your immense talents, Ma...Must say Mudra stamps are Gorgeously showcased here...Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge generously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Rajni ji! These are all total STUNNERS! You have totally rocked this die! I am in love with each and every one. Those belly band envelopes are my most favourite! Absolutely amazing work and I am so happy you shared the back of the envelopes too! They look so beautiful! ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Hussena ❤️❤️

      Delete
  7. Awesome awesome post!! You have used the envelope die in all manners and so so creatively..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, lovely, beautiful, gorgeous and sweet... you've gotten all!! Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the works are mind-blowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A treat to watch just loved them totally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mind blowing creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rajni,I am totally awe-struck with your ingenuity using these envelopes in some really neat card designs too. LOVE the shape of the flap!!! LOVE!!! I thought you went way out of your normal style in these, and as usual--you knocked it out of the park, a total home run, FANTASTIC!!! :) One of many things I admire about your style is your ability to create so well in so many different looks, and this posting clearly illustrates your breadth of excellence in so many styles.

    Two questions, first can you tell me what the size of the envelope when it is closed? And is it possible to order from Canada or the US (this envelope die)? I live in Canada, so that would be the most convenient but I could make shipping to the US work if it doesn't work to send to Canada... I LOVE it! But first I need the measurements of it when put together. Thanks for giving the large dimensions...

    Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL as always. Your artistry knows no bounds!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much dear for such appreciating words.

      Here is the complete description of the die.
      Cover up Tag is approx 7″ X 3.25″ (Approx.)
      Envelope die cut is approx. 9.25″X8.4″ (Approx.)
      Folded envelope measures 7.25X3.5″ ( Approx.)

      And for shipping, Mansi will be able to guide you better. I will drop her a message to reply you back. Thanks for keeping patience.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your apprecation.. we can ship you the die to Canada Please mail me at mansicrafts@gmail.com for further details.

      Delete
  13. Just awesome... Rani Mam I m big fan of yours. Harts off to u. Love all your works

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg u r superb Mam so creative love all of them Ur just amazing n so inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit to our blog...do visit us again.