Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 February 2017

DCAM Inverted Circles, Stencils, and Fun

Hi, crafty friends, LeeAnn here today with two projects I have made using the Inverted Circle Dies that were released last month. I also used our October released Stencils on both projects, and on the first one of our Sentiment Dies. So sit back and relax and I will take you through them.

For my first project for this month, I decided to work on a layout. My daughters were all 3 together in December for the first time since November 2014, so when they sent me this photo I just had to do something with it. I am going to make another for each of them with colors to match their decor. For this project, I used the Cubicles stencils, Inverted Circles, and Sentiments of  You're, Seriously, and Amazing. They just seem to fit perfectly.


The way I did this project was first to do the background page with the stencils using Black Soot distress ink and Fuschia PowderPuff Chalking ink. I then laid that aside to dry while I worked on the circles. I cut 2 white, 1 fuschia and 1 black, then alternated the way I laid them out. In an effort to save time and paper I cut the sentiments out of the black and fuschia so they could alternate on the color that was in the middle. I also cut the words out of the white, so that I can then do the inlaid die cut technique. After having the circles in place, I ran the sentiments through my Xyron X and then put them in the respective spaces. I will make a video when I do the pages for the girls so you can see how I did it, unfortunately, I am having issues with my equipment and was not able to do one for this.


My next project was fun and really made me think about what to do. I wanted to use these inverted circles again, but not on a layout this time, so I went with a circle card. As you can see I am sticking with the white/black/fuschia color theme. This time I used the Bricked stencil, and a stamp set from Lawn Fawn that normally features a Jackalope, however, I had these little Mama Elephant images that a friend had sent a year or so ago so I colored them up and used them today. I use Spectrum Noir markers as my coloring medium for this project.
First I cut the Circles using Black as the largest, White as the 2nd and 3rd as well as the Fuschia for the third. I cut some acetate to size for the shaker window. Using the center white circle and the Bricked stencil I used Fuschia Powderpuff Chalking ink and filled in the circle. I then put the circle piece in my Stampoholic Nano and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx ink. Then stamped the remainder of the sentiment on the inside of the card in the second photo, also with the nano. It certainly does make it easy, especially on odd shaped projects to be able to stamp exactly where I want each and every time.
Once the sentiments were complete I set about putting the card together. Using a tape runner I affixed the black circle to a white card base. It then affixed the white ring and the bricked piece. After affixing the acetate to the Fuschia ring I added dimensional foam to that layer, I used Multi Medium Matte to affix some of the Crystal Clear Sequins to the bricked wall, then just let some sit so they could shake around. I affixed that layer down and added the little kids to the front. And with that, my project was finished.


I hope you have enjoyed my projects today. Please check back again soon for our next post.

DCAM items used in these projects...

Crystal Clear Sequins

Inverted Circle Dies
Bricked Wall Stencil
Cubicles Stencils
You're Die

Seriously Die

Amazing Die
Stampoholic Nano



The website is updated with a new look and is ready to take orders from USA, Canada, Guam, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand, all other countries will be added soon. 
Thank you so much for playing along with us and have a great day. Please follow DCAM and the team on various social media platforms. 

4 comments:

Thanks for your visit to our blog...do visit us again.